Visiting your orthodontist for the first time can be a bit overwhelming; you might feel nervous or confused about how your appointment will go.
Most of the people acquire orthodontics treatment to achieve a perfect smile, while others visit the orthodontist to maintain their oral hygiene. If you haven’t visited the orthodontist yet and planning to get an appointment in the future, here is all you need to know before getting the orthodontic consultation.
What is orthodontic treatment, and who needs it?
Many people have different orthodontist consultation questions in their minds, and the most common one is what the treatment is all about. The orthodontic treatment is used to Not only make your teeth properly aligned and provide you with the perfect smile possible but also to align your jaws position and their relationship to your face.
You can visit renown and experienced orthodontists, Dr. Azita Abbasi if you have following dental issues:
Malocclusion is a common name for misaligned teeth. When your teeth are not appropriately aligned, it causes difficulty in eating and speaking. It could appear as buck teeth or overbite, which is one of the most common cases of misaligned teeth.
In a crossbite, your teeth are either too close to the tongue or your cheeks, which is not the standard alignment.
Open bite is when your upper and lower front teeth are not in alignment when the mouth is closed.
- Crowded teeth:
Crowding of teeth occurs when there is not enough room for the teeth to grow; this maybe because of early tooth loss or issues with the jaws.
If you have any of the issues mentioned above or any other dental or jaw misalignments you should consult a specialists in Orthodontics and Craniofacial Orthopedics, Dr. Azita Abbasi at Top Nova Orthodontics is a Board-certified.
Preparing for the first orthodontic consultation:
To get the most out of your first orthodontic appointment, here are some of the things you can consider:
To understand your orthodontic treatment, you can ask your orthodontist these questions:
- What is the underlying problems causing my teeth or jaws misalignment?
- Which is the best treatment for my dental issue?
- What types of braces or treatments you can get and why that type is the perfect pick for your dental issue?
- What will be the total cost of my orthodontic treatment?
- The cost of the treatment is one of the essential things to ask before getting your treatment done. One should not start getting the treatment before knowing all the costs involved.
- What will be the time duration of my treatment?
- It is one of the most common questions people ask. We all know how unattractive the braces are considered. Thus, people want to know for how long they will have to keep the braces on their teeth.
- How to take care of my treatment?
- Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the essential things during your orthodontic treatment. Hence, you should understand properly about how to take care of your braces and oral health. Note the points which the orthodontist might suggest to you.
- How often I must visit during the treatment?
You should know about how often you must visit the orthodontist during your treatment for the follow-ups.
Stay confident and relaxed during your consultation:
Keep in mind that you are doing this to achieve good oral health and a perfect smile for life.
What to expect?
The aim of your first appointment is to have detailed knowledge about your dental issues and which treatment would be suitable. Dr. Abbasi will perform a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth and airways.
At Top Nova Orthodontics we are equipped with the latest advanced technologies. All our images are 3D. We will take a few photographs of your teeth and mouth and a 3D Xray of your skull. We also have a 3D iTero Element scanner.
Dr. Abbasi will have a close look at your problem and will suggest your treatment and course of action accordingly. Dr. Azita Abbasi will exam Not only your teeth but also your jaws, airways, sinuses. She will ask you questions related to any history of allergies, mouth-breathing, sleep Apnea, TMJ problems, grinding and oral habits like thumb sucking or tongue thrust.
If an expansion treatment is needed, the impression of your teeth will also be taken. These Xrays and impressions will be beneficial for your treatment plan according to your issue. Dr. Abbasi works closely with your sleep doctor as well as your ENT to help improve your life quality not only your smile.
When you come prepared for the consultation, you can learn the most about your dental health as you have already practiced the questions to ask.
Top Nova Orthodontics, is recognized as one of the best orthodontic clinics. The orthodontic adjustment usually takes place every 5 to 10 weeks to check the progress of your treatment. Dr. Abbasi will determine the progress of your treatment and advise you accordingly.
If you have any dental misalignment, and planning to give your teeth a perfect smile, then book an appointment with us today. We have the best orthodontists on board who will provide you with the most suitable treatment at a very competitive price.