As it has been for a while now, at some point in life, technological advancement would introduce a new thing which would be considered the “next big thing”, and the “game changer”. The new big thing is always an improvement, one that extremely changes how things are done. An example of such technological improvement is the introduction of three-dimensional radiography, something that brings a huge development to orthodontics. The chance to see the mouth of a patient in an almost real three dimensions means there would now be less radiation, more correct diagnosis, and an improved Sterling orthodontic treatment!
Top Nova orthodontics is proud to inform everyone that it is one of the top team providing orthodontics services offering the iCAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System. Subscription to the use of the system is not for any reason other than desiring to satisfy patients the more by making sure all their orthodontics needs are met within the most possible shortest timeframe. It assists us in getting a very fast, comfortable, and accurate dental imaging for the most perfect dental health diagnosis.
With the i-CAT Cone Beam 3-D Dental Imaging System in the office, there is a lot to enjoy. It gives a high definition, 3d digital data and it gives less radiation to the patient when compared with traditional CT scan machines. With it, you can see all maxillofacial and oral structure that would allow for a better diagnosis and predictability of the issue.
There have been varying degrees of errors and distortions recorded about the conventional orthodontic x-rays, but the i-CAT imaging system has proven to be 10 times more accurate, not only that, its use comes with 95% less radiation.
There is no stress at all as the patient only has to sit in an environment that is open and non-evasive, and the scan would happen within 8 seconds of which 3.5 seconds is for the x-ray. In less than a minute, the machine provides a multi-dimensional image.
i-CAT has many benefits to patients, some of which are:
- It promises the most accurate surgical predictability of all means and that directly results in successful surgical results.
- It promises about 95% less radiation when compared to a Medical CT.
- It features as the only machine for now that can give the most anatomically accurate 3-D pictures of the mouth, jaw, and face, in less than 1 minute.
- The scan will occur in an open environment, so there is no discomfort at all.
- It is a surgery time-saver.
- It reduces patients’ visits to the hospital when it is available in the dentist’s office.
- Just within a few minutes of the scan, dentists can have a full diagnosis and offer an immediate treatment plan, and this could be in just one visit.
- The 3-D image could be shared with the restorative doctor of the patient by the dentist.